Cold-infused tea is a splendid way to beat the summer heat. Take cold infusion one step further with refreshing TEAsicles. You are only limited by your imagination. Be creative! Tempt your senses with chai creamsicles, lemon green tea popsicles, creamy avocado tea popsicles, sweet peach tea popsicles, matcha, and many others. My personal favorite: strawberries puréed in a blender, add prepared oolong cold infusion, blend the two together, and then pour into popsicle molds. Add popsicle sticks, pop them into the freezer for few hours, and voilà!
1) A tall glass vessel.
2) 2-3 tablespoons of whole leaf tea.
3) Add water (I use filtered water from my Brita).
4) Place in your refrigerator for 4-10 hours. The longer you leave it to brew, the stronger the flavor and caffeine will be. White Teas will infuse faster, closely followed by green teas and oolongs. More time is needed for rolled oolongs, pu-erhs, herbal, and black teas.
5) After 4 – 10 hours, strain your infusion and serve with ice or create TEAcicles!
Cold Fusion TEAsicles:
1) Pour infusion into popsicle molds.
2) Add in raspberries, blueberries, peaches, edible flowers, or whatever tickles your fancy. Pour less tea into each mold if fruits are added.
3) Place popsicle molds in the freezer for 2-3 hours.
Examples of additions to your TEAsicles:
Citrus zest, peel or slices
Lavender, mint, and other savory herbs
Honey, maple syrup, no synthetics
A splash of fresh fruit juice or nectar
Make your summer tea experience cool, refreshing, and TEAlicous!
Image provided and all copyrights held by author